London, United Kingdom
A leading asset management firm based in London is seeking a new C# Software Developer who will get the opportunity to work closely with the business.
The Role and Responsibilities
Work as part of a team to develop solutions within an existing framework for the company’s Middle Office needs.
Engage with business departments to design and develop bespoke solutions that support Middle Office processes.
Provide support for all Middle Office systems for any business unit that requires it.
Ensure the system is prepared every morning so relevant data is made available to trading desks.
Skills & Experience
- Graduate calibre – Upper 2nd or above in Computer Science/Software Engineering or closely related discipline, such as Physics or Maths, with demonstrable programming skills
- 1-4 years commercial experience using a object oriented language
- A working knowledge of SOLID principles
- Understanding of relational database concepts and key issues in database design
- Pragmatic approach to the maintenance, refactoring and support of systems
- C# and .Net framework programming expertise, knowledge of .Net Core
- Understanding of Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of financial services industry (trading/investment banking/asset management)
- Experience of:
- System architecture and design
- Continuous Integration systems
- Version control (Git)
- User interface design and programming (WPF, ASP.Net)
- Message queuing technology (RabbitMQ)
- Desire to learn and progress skills
- Positive, focused, can do attitude
- Ability to cope when under pressure
- Ability to perceive and understand business activity and prioritise appropriately when dealing with multiple issues/development cases
- Self motivation and drive.
- Ability to problem solve independently
This is an immediate requirement so please make an application ASAP if you are interested.