London, United Kingdom
The North Starr Recruitment business are looking to hire an experienced Software Developer with commercial experience of C#.Net
The IT team are currently involved in a strategic programme of work, to grow the business and improve Technology in alignment with the strategic roadmap.
- Analyse business processes and requirements, both individually and as part of a team.
- Produce documentation for new and existing processes, including process manuals.
- Identify potential or actual issues in proposed, new or existing processes.
- Provide estimates for work based on requirements analysis.
- Adhere to the software development life-cycle and development standards.
- Deliver development effort according to analysis and estimates.
- Support system and user testing effort.
- Provide tier 2 support for production code.
- Provide consultancy on your areas of business expertise to other developers.
- Is responsible for completing all mandatory training and to do so within required timescales
This role requires enhanced vetting as per the Referencing and Staff Vetting Policy.
Job knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Significant experience of James Hay products processes and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of the core business activities e.g. trading, banking, benefits, charges etc.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a team player but able to work independently using your initiative.
- Have excellent time management and the ability to work to challenging deadlines.
- Likely to hold a financial services professional qualification
Over time the successful applicant will be introduced to and trained in the use of a variety of development methods, tools and languages.
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Web Services
- OO (Object Oriented Programming)
- Relational Databases
- MVC (Model View Controller
- MVVM (Model-View-View-Model)
Key working relationships and external/internal contacts:
- Internal relationships include Architect team, Business Analysts in the Business Change Team, and System Testing and UAT teams
- External relationships include technology partners such as Microsoft
- External relationships include third party data integration partners.
C#.NET with Angular framework
We look forward to hearing from you