London, United Kingdom
Here at Harrington Starr our client is a large asset manager based in the city. Their architecture is built upon a combination of best of breed vendor systems and in house developed applications that complement each other. It is the Integration Development Team that is responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of these systems and the integration layer that allows these systems to communicate with each other. There is a large book of work from developing various custom solutions to integrating 3rd Party systems into their architecture.
The candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle, from business and technical analysis, design and development through to release. They will be exposed to the technical aspects of several systems, from underlying databases, through to services and UIs, developing in house applications to support all areas of the business.
As an Integration Team member, they will also become part of the technical decision-making team who constantly strive to optimise systems and work across the various development teams build an evolutionary architecture that can cope with the demands of today but also of the ever-increasing demands of the future.
Other duties and responsibilities include third line support and troubleshooting.
What you will have:
- C# / SQL are your predominant languages
- Passionate about evolving technologies
- We have a growing number of applications supported by .NET Core, you will be comfortable in maintaining existing applications and adding new features
- This is a role that covers front and back end development and you should be comfortable doing both
- Good SQL knowledge, you will be confident writing, debugging and running SQL queries
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
What they offer:
- The opportunity to work closely with world class investment professionals and to learn finance
- The opportunity to suggest ideas to shape the future direction of development
- The opportunity to learn about the technical architecture across several systems
Exposure to the latest .NET technology stack and to help shape future direction.