London, United Kingdom
Business Manager – Technology & Operations – Capital Markets / Financial Markets
Harrington Starr are currently working with a leading Financial Services organisation with a name synonymous with the market in which they operate in. We currently have an urgent requirement for a Business Manager to join our client on an initial 6-month contract with a strong probability of extension.
The Business Manager is responsible for providing support to the Lead Business Manager and other senior IT managers and will act as their representative when/where required. This will include design and oversight of document/presentation material, budget preparation and monitoring, headcount management and reporting requirements. Your duties will cover Headcount Management, Financial Management, Management Information and overall Business Support.
In short, we are seeking a Business Manager with direct experience in the financial markets’ environment, with strong communication, collaboration and change management skills.
The successful candidate for this Business Manager role will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar business management role
- Experience of working within financial services
- Have or quickly develop an understanding of market and technology issues
- Experience of attending meetings (including senior management level) demonstrating ability to put forward arguments, debate and influence accordingly
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), with ability to develop new skills and understand new technology as required
- Must be robust and have the ability to influence and engage with a wide range of stakeholders across cultures and seniority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator