London, United Kingdom
The North Starr, part of the Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking to hire a seasoned Business Analyst who is eager to make a new career move.
This role will see the post holder combine both best practice Business Analysis with Digital software interface projects, so someone with a strong SDLC background will be ideal.
Based within superb offices next to St Pauls, London, you will be part of a niche Business Analysis team who provide key interface improvements with internal stakeholders.
The core responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Act as the interface between the Software Development Team and internal stakeholders, with emphasis on maintaining profitable relationships with both.
- Will be heavily involved in the development of User Stories that describe what the business is asking for in terms that are SMART.
- Work closely with development teams to estimate the highest priority items in the product backlog
- Ownership of an overall change request’s lifecycle throughout the development process, including internal and external review processes and support for the Development and Test communities.
- Explore the needs of clients, gather their requirements and document them in ways to enable client sign-off and to meet the needs of the Development and Test teams.
- Evolve specifications for system changes that bridge the gap between the clients business and bespoke software systems.
- Liaise closely with Solution Architects, communicating requirements effectively to enable the Architects to develop solution blueprints from them.
To qualify for an interview, the core skills for this role are as follows:
- Have several years working in a commercial, digital environment as a Business Analyst.
- It will be essential to have experience of Scrum/Kanban or similar Agile development method as a Business Analyst.
- Have the ability to articulate the case for iterative development and Lean product development.
- Understanding of User Experience design and testing.
- Highly desirable to be working towards a Business Analysis qualification
- Desirable for SCRUM certification, not essential.
- Experience of working in a client facing capacity, facing off to senior external stakeholders.
- Have a strong understanding of the software delivery lifecycle SDLC
- Have the ability to liaise between technical and non-tech business teams.
- Industry experience across consumer facing organisations.
- Have superb communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and a good planner.
- Someone who can work well under own initiative or within a team environment.
So to-recap we are looking for a highly motivated Business Analyst to work within a specialist Digital team who are committed to providing high quality software capability across the group. Your will be working in a core Digital Product team amongst a group of individuals all looking to make a difference to the client experience.
Our client embraces a healthy work to home life balance and fully understands the benefits this can bring to the business.
The North Starr team are looking to hear from you at your earliest convenience.