Cambridge, United Kingdom
AWS DATA SCIENTIST / AWS ENGINEER ROLE
My client is shaking up the knowledge exchange space. Based at our beautiful startup pad just outside Cambridge, we have experienced rapid growth and very strong demand for our services. The expert connection industry is ripe for automation, and we have gained a compelling first-mover advantage in the space.
We are seeking a data scientist to work on the machine-learning-based search and ranking algorithms that we use to find the best experts to speak on any topic. Our software mines data from all over the world, analysing it to build models of expertise, as well as the links between experts and their field more widely to evaluate their influence.
As a data scientist, your duties would include working on these exciting systems, with plenty of scope to design your own systems working with our large, fuzzy datasets, and try out all the flashy new analysis techniques you’d like!
- Experience programming and analysing data in Python.
- A good practical understanding of the main machine learning methods.
- Experience and high level of understanding of data science and/or network science.
- Experience with Node.js or the cloud (specifically AWS or GCP) would be an advantage.
Compensation & benefits:
- Salary of £30-40,000 dependent on experience.
- Share options available.
- Exciting start-up environment!
- 25 days paid leave per year pro rata plus public holidays.
- On-demand online GP and therapy/counselling consultations for you and your family via BabylonHealth
- Beautiful office with fully-equipped kitchen, games console, and gardens.
- Annual company retreat to an exciting international location.
Please send your CV to Richard.RobertsJones@thenorthstarr.com