New York, United States
AWS Architect – New York City – Up to $175,000
Harrington Starr has partnered with a highly successful global financial technology provider in a search for a senior AWS Architect to handle their upcoming migration to AWS as well as ongoing projects, enhancements, and maintenance on the platform.
The AWS Architect should have at least 3 years’ hands-on experience working with AWS including migration, setup, service management, and troubleshooting in AWS Cloud and at least 7 years total of technology experience with experience in a DevOps team preferred. In addition to AWS, the AWS Architect should have a foundation with basic networking and the Internet protocol suite, and experience in Unix/Linux environments (Red Hat 7 preferred). Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation and CodeDeploy is highly preferable as is experience with Docker, Chef, Puppet, and IBM MQSeries.
The AWS Architect will gain extensive hands-on experience in a fast-paced FinTech environment overseeing the migration of Real-Time Market Data Infrastructure to the AWS Cloud environment while working with top-tier Capital Markets clients.
- Ensure deployment and integration on the AWS platform
- Overseeing the day to day operation of the AWS platform which supports very large enterprise clients
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and assist with application support on the AWS platform
- Serve as in-house subject matter expert for AWS platform
- Coordinate with DevOps team members to manage tasks
At least 3 years of hands-on technical experience working with the AWS platform are required as well as:
- Security on AWS
- Troubleshooting on AWS
- Core Internet Protocols and networking
- Unix/Linux environments (Red Hat 7 preferred)
- Terraform or CloudFormation
- Docker, Chef, Puppet
- IBM MQSeries Middleware
In addition to this role, we’re recruiting for other similar roles in this space. If you’re interested in this role or something similar, email your resume to Matt Kerwin at matt.kerwin(at)harringtonstarr.com.