Automation Test Analyst
London City - Trading
£85,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Harrington Starr are currently looking for an Automation Test Analyst to join a leading vendor working on a trading platform. The systems under test are currently hosted on dual platform technology - application components reside on both Linux and Windows Servers.
This person will be one of 6 dedicated test analysts within the team, responsible for designing and building automation test frameworks, working with Test Developers to create automated frameworks and executing automated tests.
- Building Automation frameworks from scratch in Java
- Designing test suites for automation in order to validate functional and non-functional requirements.
- Maintaining and improving existing regression test suites
- Planning test phases and creating Test Strategy documents
- Keeping up to date with new developments and strategies within their area and the general IT marketplace.
- Offering ideas, advice and support with regard to improvement initiatives within the team.
- To do what is necessary to ensure all personal tasks are completed on schedule.
- Perform any other duties as reasonably required by the Test Manager, if necessary outside office hours and, very occasionally, at weekends.
- Working closely with business analysts, developers and operations staff.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3 years test experience within in JAVA automation
- experience in the financial sector.
- Some automated testing experience
- Borland Silk Test, SilkPerformer and 4test language knowledge would be a benefit but training can be provided.
- Exposure to systems developed on various platforms (Windows and Linux).
- Experience of Atlassian Jira would be an advantage but is not essential.
- ISEB certification to at least Foundation level.
- Development methodologies, Waterfall Model, Agile Methods.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong SQL knowledge with SQL Server or Oracle experience.
- Strong C++
Sound interesting please contact James Platt
Apply for this job