City of London, London
Up to £55000 per annum
Automation QA - Corporate Actions
Investment Management - City of London
£45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Here at Harrington Starr we have partnered with a leading financial institution to help them build and strengthen there QA offering to the business. We are looking for a QA Analyst / to join the Application Development team within Corporate Action Processing group. The ideal candidate will both automated and manual testing and desire to become a core member of the development team and play a key role in the success of the project.
The Successful individual will be involved at the early stages of each project creating test plans, Working with the product owners and client representatives to determine test strategies and test scenarios. Devise and maintain automated test suites for use within the devops cycle. You will also undertake manual testing of applications where automated testing is not possible.
In this position, you should always be looking out for bottlenecks in the process and delivering improvements. They should be eager to learn and grow within the role. The candidate should also be comfortable with testing back-end components in Windows and SQL Server. Strong SQL knowledge and the ability to write and understand complicated SQL procedures is essential for this role.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, an ability to multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Hands on experience of Ruby scripting
- Hands on experience of the Cucumber framework
- Experience of working in geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups with strong team play and collaborative skills
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally has some experience of QTP/UFT (Good to have)
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Exposure to JIRA
- Experience with Agile testing practices would be an advantage
- Hands-on experience with code version systems like SVN, Mercurial, Git
- Experience in the Financial Industry (experience with Fixed Income products is preferred)
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Test Analyst to become involved with world-leading individuals in one of the City's leading financial institutes - if you would like to learn more please contact James Platt at Harrington Starr.