London, United Kingdom
QA - Automation
Multilateral Trading Facility - Greater London
Competitive Salary +bonus+benefits+package
A leading Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF) is seeking a Test Analyst to work closely with their Core Development team and build out their ultra-low latency trading systems.
The Test Analyst will work within an agile team to help define the story and test requirements, pairing with developers to produce Acceptance and Integration Tests using the client's in-house DSL and use their testing and domain knowledge to combine automated, exploratory and technical testing; enabling the team to deliver completed stories with minimal technical debt.
The successful candidate will have experience of testing web and back-end platforms with both strong technical and exploratory testing skills. They must have worked within a dynamic and changing environment, preferably with agile testing experience and continuous delivery environments.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of products and related financial markets and use this knowledge to challenge, refine and focus product direction.
- Work with Business Analysts and stakeholders to gather test requirements and product knowledge.
- Pair with developers and testers to build automated regression tests for UI and API in Java and maintain and expand the test abstraction layer.
- Explore new technology, techniques and tools to incorporate into and improve the test process.
- Continuous improvement of current test process by questioning assumptions.
- Use relevant tools (commercial, in-house and self-made), stubs and scripts to assist exploratory testing.
- Work with stakeholders and Business Analyst to gain feedback during story development and showcase tested user stories.
- Support the Programme Manager and technology team with potential release readiness as part of Continuous Delivery.
- Manage, prioritise and escalate defects with the development team and the Business Analysts.
- Experience as the primary tester on a project.
- Knowledge of techniques for test case development.
- Technical and exploratory testing experience
- Constructing automated regression tests using Java or other language.
- Experience of testing web applications.
- Testing 3rd party integration.
- Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have challenged the norms of testing methods and processes and pushed back when it was really needed.
- Have an enthusiastic approach to testing and a passion to continually improve testing processes.
- Interested in subjects around testing and attend meet-ups, conferences and read blogs.
- Solid understanding of web technologies and associated testing approaches, e.g. Ajax, JSON
- Test automation, preferably using Java, .Net or Ruby
- Understanding of how hardware and networking could affect the testing required
- DSLs and/or test abstraction layers (page object models etc.)
- Basic SQL
- Ability to create basic tools and scripts to aid testing
- Jenkins or related build technologies
In addition to having an outstanding opportunity to join a world leading, award winning company, first class training, involvement with quality projects and the chance to work closely with developers awaits the successful candidate in order for them to have the very best opportunity to progress and grow in a very exciting industry.
Please contact James Platt to discuss further 0203 587 7007