New York, United States
This position will be responsible for supporting our applications environment. This position is responsible for planning, installing, configuring, maintaining our systems and enterprise applications as well as resolving key technical issues for clients. This role will collaborate with technical leadership and other technical team members in other departments to review, analyze and implement application solutions designed to address client-specific requirements. This role will be involved in site reliability maintenance, server administration, data integrity and network monitoring.
- Meet regularly with various internal stakeholders to gain insight on application systems solutions and procedures, including technical considerations and delivery timeframes.
- Collaborate with Account Management, Sales, and Technical Leadership by participating in Client phone calls and on-site meetings to effectively document and communicate technical requirements.
- Perform complex configuration, change management and testing activities to support a service-oriented architecture and integration between all applications.
- Review daily reports and resolve escalated issues related to data integrity and applications and document through ConnectWise ticketing system.
- Coordinate scheduling of technical configurations with other technical team members in other departments.
- Perform network monitoring, managing monitoring agents and onboarding of new devices.
- Ensure the performance and reliability of applications and systems by monitoring these areas for high availability, load balancing, satisfactory response time and working with other information technology professional to resolve performance issues.
- Provide project status reports to clients via e-mails.
- Monitor third party tools for application and database performance, provide recommendations for enhancements/changes, and makes database table changes/additions to packaged software applications.
- Provide programming/scripting assistance to support system automation; debugs and tunes/optimizes SQL statements.
- Manage the integrity of security design and engineering for ERP applications and systems, including the implementation of backup and recovery processes. Administer ERP systems security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Participate in the development of database-related application development standards covering database creation, software placement, storage and auditing.
- Plan and implement operating procedures for backup of database and recovery of database information
- Interface with third-party vendors, technology partners, and internal project stakeholders to generate solution-based roadmaps that will address clients’ requirements.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an applications systems administration, site maintenance administration, systems automation administrator role or similar background in a Managed Services Provider (MSP) environment with strong attention to details, critical thinker, self-starter and team player required.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully supporting and resolving issues on various enterprise applications.
- Experience in Window Server Administration, PowerShell Scripting or VB scripting
- Able to communicate effectively with clients in various communication channels.
- Experienced in LabTech or Kaseya, N-Able or SCCM tools for enterprise applications.
- Experienced in SolarWinds IT Management Tools (Orion, Central, Enable, etc.)
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel for data analysis and summary through formulas and performing Vlookup.
- Experienced in providing Backup Solutions such as (Acronis, Asigra/DS, Barracuda, Cloudberry, Glacier/AWS, Symantec Backup Exec, Unitrends, VEEAM, etc.)
- Knowledge and experienced in SQL for backups and report builder is a plus
- Knowledge and experienced in SNMP Walk is a plus
- Knowledge and experienced in networking, DHCP, DNS, monitoring SNMP, WMI, CIM, Linux Systems, VMware and ESX servers and .NET programming is a plus.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills with the ability to ask relevant questions in order to gather details to document requirements and communicate effectively with Clients and internal project stakeholders.
- Able to work on simultaneous projects, completing tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience