London, United Kingdom
Automation Tester – BlockChain
City - London
£90,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Harrington Starr are currently working with a number established banks, financial institutions, regulators, trade associations, professional services firms and technology companies to develop Corda (blockchain) technology and applications on a distributed ledger platform designed specifically for financial services. Working within one of the most prestigious areas of technology at the moment, this is a great chance to build and develop a testing environment at the forefront of tech, working with cutting-edge techs like Corda and kotlin.
You will have the chance to scale a business unit and be a part of a forward-thinking business
- Perform quality assurance tests as assigned, including functional, non-functional, performance, automation, integration and unit tests.
- Engage with the entire testing process, analysing requirements and assisting the test manager in developing new processes. Including contributing to documentation.
- Create and implement testing frameworks, project plans and test plans which span a products lifecycle and cover usability design and engineering quality.
- Perform business and data analysis in partnership with application development team and existing BA staff to facilitate test planning and understanding of developed applications’ purpose and business use.
- Perform code reviews, continuously interfacing with development staff. Effective communication abilities are required.
- Train new quality assurance engineers in application of testing processes and company testing practices.
- Be proficient in communicating, prioritizing and tracking test execution, defects and issues appropriately and recommend corrective action where required.
- Participate in interactions with a variety of internal and external users to acquire and exchange information on quality issues and processes.
- Display flexibility under changing priorities and willingness to act as a member of a broader software engineering team using Agile delivery methods.
- Participate in the hiring process of new quality assurance engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience Required:
- 5 years experience in software quality assurance, including automation testing. Alternatively, 2 years experience in software quality assurance, and 3 years experience in software engineering, or a related software discipline which has involved writing code.
- A bachelors degree, or higher, in computer science, programming, electronics, software engineering, or a suitable technical field.
- ISTQB certified tester foundation level (CTFL) professional qualification, or equivalent qualification from a certified board, or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and manage stakeholder expectations. Outstanding communication abilities and a friendly personality contribute well to this role.
- Experience of large client/server projects.
- Experience of writing unit tests using a well-known unit testing framework.
- Full understanding of software development and testing lifecycles.
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes and structured testing methodologies.
- Experience of planning for and conducting non-functional testing.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- History of effective project deliveries, and experience of working on failed projects.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of having worked in either a Scrum or Kanban team.
- Knowledge and experiences of test process improvement models.
- Familiarity with writing and performing complex SQL queries against a variety of database technologies.
- Ability to write Java and have knowledge of JUnit.
- Experience using the following technologies: git, github, JIRA, Confluence, IntelliJ, slack.
Please contact James Platt at Harrington Starr for more information