London, United Kingdom
To be responsible for the sales of Docmap HSEQ System and business services to customers within an allocated region.
Working with the Business Development Team to take ownership of the whole sales process from prospect identification, through qualification, presentation, proposals, negotiation and finally closing the sale. Post sales activities to ensure that levels of service are maintained and that opportunities for upselling are exploited.
- Identify and prioritise key market areas
- Exceed targets set out in bonus scheme for allocated areas
- To become a Docmap product expert in terms of digital products, solutions and value add
- Key account management
- Negotiate and agree contracts on behalf of ChartCo
- Understand customer requirements and advise on customised services
- To work with those staff responsible for customer retention in order that non-digital customers see ChartCo as their provider of choice for a digital solution
- Help identify new markets and services
- Plan and execute sales activities in conjunction with the Global Sales and Marketing Manager
- Input data into CRM system to feed the sales forecast
- Use the CRM system to provide information on opportunities and customer meetings.
- Use the software tools supplied to prepare quotations for new customers
- Make presentations to both customers and internal departments
- Provide and maintain data to support the Marketing Databases
- Maintain continuous awareness of ChartCo products and services
- Provide input for Product Development and new Product design
- Maintain continuous awareness of competitor services
- Attend conferences and exhibitions, meeting with customers and agents.
- Provide support and input for marketing activities such as new brochures, mail shots, exhibitions etc.
- Travel overseas is required, and is considered a regular feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other tasks associated with the above functions
- The service provider will be expected to comply with any reasonable operational instruction or procedures relating to Company policies, reporting and controls. In particular Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 provides a duty on every employee, while at work, to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- It also places a duty on staff to cooperate with the company so far as is necessary to enable their duties to be complied with including the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Failure to comply with this duty may result in the Company reviewing the engagement of the contractor.
- Proven track record in sales, specifically closing deals and maintaining margin.
- Must be driven self starter
- Must be able to demonstrate a history of driving sales through new business.
- Must be willing and able to travel on a global basis
- Knowledge and experience of sales to the ship owner / ship manager sector
- Fluent spoken and written English to facilitate communication with ships owners and managers
- Sufficient commercial acumen to reliably negotiate contracts
- Conversant with standard MS Office software packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) with the skills required to be able to use sales and CRM software packages
- Training will be provided but the ability to quickly absorb information and understand and communicate USPs and product differentiation is essential.