New York, United States
Application Support Engineer
A global Software Vendor servicing thousands of clients in the Financial Technology market is looking for an Application Support Engineer to join their city team for a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow in this role.
As a valuable member of their London team, you will be responsible for providing exceptional levels of support around their bespoke niche software. This role will require you to be part of cross-function team at times with the requirement of leasing with Implementation, Dev and also account managers among other people.
It’s a fun and fast paced working environment which by their own very high standards has access to some of the best technology there is to work with.
To be fully qualified for the Application Support Engineer position, you must possess the following:
- 2:1 or Higher in Mathematics, Computer Science or relevant Numerical degree from a top 40 University.
- Advanced SQL Server + T-SQL skills and database administration experience.
- In depth understanding of Join types, Sub Queries, Functions, Stored Procedures, Optimisation and other SQL concepts.
- Hands on experience with XML/XPath and XSLT technologies.
- Ability to manage your priorities in a timely and suitable fashion.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Well-Rounded personality.
You will need to be willing to work hard and be somebody who enjoys challenges and associated problems with a Application Support Engineer position.
This is a really exciting time for my client as they are growing their multinational operation and you could be a part of it now and into their highly desirable future expansion.