London, United Kingdom
Application Support Engineer – Equities
My client, a leading dealer broker is looking for an application support professional with excellent FIX protocol knowledge and primary knowledge in Fixed Income to be based in London.
As an Application Support Engineer you will be tasked with supporting my clients growing number of buy-side member sites in London and across Europe utilising their excellent Unix, Linux, Windows Server, Database and networking skills.
In this fantastic opportunity you will be working on a multitude of cross-platform market leading technologies to support the bespoke trading platform of my client. As an Application Support Engineer you will have excellent customer focus skills mixed with technical skills including SQL, Sybase or Oracle as well as solid network troubleshooting skills and good Windows administration experience.
As an Application Support engineer you will work closely with the Implementation and Product groups to ensure resolution to member issues and provide upgrades and troubleshoot potential system defects.
As an Application Support Engineer, you will need to be able to display the following;
- Hands on support background 1st and 2nd line
- Experience og MSSQL, Oracle or Sybase database environments
- SQL Query writing experience
- Experience in troubleshooting network problems
- Knowledge of a buy/sell side order management system
- Excellent understanding of Fixed Income
- VB skills exposure
- Exposure to UNIX / LINUX environment
- FIX protocol is a MUST
Application Support Engineer