London, United Kingdom
Algo Support Engineer
Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading buy side Equities broker. An excellent opportunity is available for a technically passionate individual to join the Algo Support team. As the Algo Support Engineer, you will be working with a broad range of technologies such as Scripting, Windows, Linux, supporting the bespoke trading platforms and 3rd part market data feeds.
As the Algo Support Engineer, you will be:
- Supporting the traders and sales traders directly in an Equity specific market
- You will be working to 1-2nd line level
- Working with a broad range of technology to support the Algo and Smart Order Routing platforms and trade flow process
- Liaising with multiple areas across the business to resolve issues
As the successful automated trade support engineer, you will be monitoring trade flow in an equities market on the algorithmic and smart order routing platforms. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a fantastic insight in to the world of Equities trading using leading platforms and technology. As the Algo / Smart Order Routing Support Engineer, you will be building an impressive portfolio of finance and technical knowledge.
To be considered for the role of - Algo Support Engineer – you will need skills and experience in the following:
- An excellent understanding of UNIX technology
- The ability to code and script in as many of the following Python, Perl, Shell, C++
- A background working within a financial environment is essential – ideally having supported automated trading systems
- You will need excellent communication skills as you will be in steady communication with the US office