Basingstoke, United Kingdom
The Business Analysts within our client are responsible for working with the agile team and the Product Owner to define and document acceptance criteria. They ensure the solutions delivered are of high quality by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging/using appropriate elicitation/documentation practices for the team. They are active team members who participate in the estimation of work required to deliver software features.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Elicit requirements using appropriate techniques (often times elicitation will require work on artefacts such as Personas, User Stories and/or Story Maps)
• Collaborates with Product Owners to manage and groom the backlog for the team
• Collaborates with the Product owner and relevant subject matter experts to define concise and effective user stories with precise and accurate acceptance criteria that will be used by the team and product owner to ensure that stakeholder and product owner intent is effectively captured and developed
• Define the detailed design and acceptance criteria for a user story on a just?in?time / just?enough basis
• Review the acceptance criteria with the Team (Software Engineers and Test Engineers) to ensure agreement on testability so the team can drive toward getting the right tests automated to support continuous integration
• Collaborates with the team on the definition of done for business analysis tasks to ensure successful development of user stories
• Collaborates with business partners and the agile team to define, coordinate and at times execute Acceptance Testing
• Determine and use the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to the source
• Performs Story Decomposition to enable planning at the appropriate level of granularity that supports the just?in?time nature of agile approaches
• Collaborates with the agile team during planning and interacts with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and product owner to agree sprint deliverables post sprint planning
• Collaborates with the Business Architect to ensure that the stories identified and defined are aligned with the Capability roadmap
• Has a detailed knowledge of business processes for assigned business portfolios
• Evaluates native functionality from third party/cloud solutions and identifies opportunities to meet business needs
• Identify data sources and gather and analyse data relevant to processes impacted by the solutions being created
• Documents functional and non-functional specifications
• Assists the agile team with internal test execution, inclusive of documenting results, managing and tracking defects, and trouble-shooting issues that arise out of testing
• Collaborates with the Team (Architects, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, etc.) to ensure that the team defines, builds and produces features and solutions that meet or exceed what the Product Owner is expecting
• May perform configurations of third party/cloud solutions including page layouts, workflows, reporting and dashboards
• Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily stand-ups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
• Ensure the continued protection of Unum’s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
• Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
• University Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• Shows evidence of analytical ability
• Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
• Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
• Self motivated and results oriented
• Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organisation.
• Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
• IIBA certifications are a plus