Development market hotting up in Q4
2018 has already seen a huge boom in development roles across the Financial Technology space across all languages, although particularly in the Java, Python, C# and Python, but the fourth quarter looks set to go into overdrive. The development boom has been fuelled by a number of factors including budget being freed up from the completion of Mifid II projects; the continued drive towards automation across the FinTech space; redevelopment of aging systems, and continued importance of best execution.
Java and C# have proven the most popular languages so far this year, across market infrastructure, buy-side and sell-side firms but Python is quickly catching up and C++ is holding steady. In order to land the best roles candidates are needing to demonstrate experience not just in the high level language but in a deeper understanding of computer science. This typically includes multi-threaded programming, data structures, algorithms and often the ability to switch between languages depending on the task at hand.
At Harrington Starr we are working with a large number of clients to help them find the right candidates for these exciting roles and open roles include:
- Investment Bank - Electronic Trading - Java Software Engineers x 4 - £75,000 - £90,000
- FinTech Vendor – Java Software Engineer - £55,000 - £60,000
- Technical Lead - Greenfield Risk Platform - £100,000 - £120,000
- Systematic Hedge Fund – Java Execution Developer - £80,000 - £110,000
- Real-time Trading System – C++ Software Engineer - £90,000 - £100,000
- Online Trading Platform – C++ Software Engineer - £50,000 - £75,000
- Quantitative Hedge Fund – Quantitative Developer - £70,000 - £110,000
- Electronic Broker – Python Software Engineer - £90,000 - £105,000
- Senior C# Developer - Applied AI - £60,000 - £80,000
- Senior Big Data Developer – FinTech - £100,000 - £120,000
If you’re interested in taking advantage of any of these opportunities please get in touch with the fantastic team here at Harrington Starr to discuss taking the next step in your career!