What are the attributes of a great Product Manager at a Financial Software Vendor?
With the ever-increasing world of #FinTech / #RegTech having an understanding of what clients and end users want is imperative to the success of your business as a software vendor.
That is where the Product Manager comes into play and helps your business define, develop and improve the strategy of how you are going to get your product to market or, in the case that your product is already out there, how to improve and increase usability.
By hiring a Product Manager, you will be able to look at all of this with a clear vision on where you are going to be in the next 12, 18, 24 months ahead.
Here I take a look at what a number of my clients look for in a Top Product Manager:
- The ability to define and refine a Product Roadmap and prioritise the features within it.
- Analyse the market and competitor landscape around your company
- An understanding of Revenue and Pricing models and what works best in your market
- Having a strong technical understanding in order to be able to speak with development teams or simply an understanding of how technologies connect with each other
- Working in or running sprint (Agile) teams
- Being able to work with stakeholders across the business from C-level execs through to accounting and sales in the interest of bringing them all together
- Specialising in a core market is going to stand you out from the rest
- Core Business Analysis skills
If you are looking to become a Product Manager or improve in your role then you need to possess some or the majority of these skills, already.
My clients look for a wide-ranging set of skill from entry level to experienced hires and depending on where you want to enter, a Product Manager will depend on the level of skills you have.
Get in touch if you are looking for a new opportunity and I can put you in touch with a wide variety of different software providers. Likewise, if you are looking for Product Managers for your organisation, let’s have a discussion and find a solution.