Where are we able to use automation testing?
– Regression Testing:Here, automated testing is suitable because of frequent code changes and the ability to run the regressions in a timely manner.
– Load Testing:Automated testing is also the best way to complete the testing efficiently when it comes to load testing
– Repeated Execution:Testing which requires the repeated execution of a task is best automated.
– Performance Testing:Similarly, testing which requires the simulation of thousands of concurrent users requires automation.
The benefits of Continuous Integration:
– Say farewell to long and intense integrations
– Increase visibility of projects enabling greater communication across the business
– Eliminate issues early and resolving any further issues
– Spend less time debugging releases and more time adding features
– Building and excellent foundation to work from
– Knowing your code will work saving time and worry
– Reduce integration problems allowing you to deliver software more rapidly
It’s important to understand that companies are moving towards automated testing tools, to reach an advanced level and to keep up with the competition of the market of automation testers in the industry, we believe that it’s important for any experienced automation tester not to lose sight on the concepts and values of manual testing and how this process will still benefit them in some areas of their testing life cycle such as the following areas:
– Exploratory Testing:This type of testing requires the tester’s knowledge, experience, analytical/logical skills, creativity, and intuition. The test is characterized here by poorly written specification documentation, and/or a short time for execution. We need the human skills to execute the testing process in this scenario.
– Usability Testing:This is an area in which you need to measure how user-friendly, efficient, or convenient the software or product is for the end users. Here, human observation is the most important factor, so a manual approach is preferable.
– Ad-hoc Testing:In this scenario, there is no specific approach. It is a totally unplanned method of testing where the understanding and insight of the tester is the only important factor.
However, automation saves the time and effort of repeating the same tests over and over again. Recording these tests produces scripts that automated testing tools can execute at any time within the testing lifecycle, often with different sets of data. Automation brings an important aspect to testing practices. It assures consistency in how a test is performed. Once the validity of a given test data is established, automating it provides a clear benchmark of how the test is run on a regular basis. Creating an automation strategy is considered to be a very crucial part as you would need to define and develop the path that will help you to reduce the manual testing hours.
There are many tools and languages that you can create automation testing platforms on and it’s crucial that the correct ones are selected, the main one are – C#, Java, Python, C++, Ruby and VB script.
On a final notes, it’s crucial for any automation tester to keep completely updated with all the new market trends in software releases and the latest trends within the market, in doing this it will enable you to achieve the success in optimizing your test automation strategies and methodology.